Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My thoughts on the future.

I have been wasting too much time today (and yesterday, and the day before, and for many many days before that) in front of the computer, producing ZERO work. So, despite the fact that there are now two computer screens and four hands (two left and two right, the middle two oddly juxtaposed onto each other - the wonders of our sensory system, really!) in front of my eyes (I jumped the gun with the "sensory system" comment there it seems...) I WILL WRITE.

The elder places of a "young mind" doesn't seem all that accurate a description of the source of these rants anymore. I am starting to worry. As much as I drill myself to walk the walk and trust that "so much more" will God provide for me, my thoughts often go to actually having to foot my own bills rather than doing it simply because it gives me a kick. I have come to another one of those places.

Suddenly it's all about my "plans" again. With only six months left to go with the blasted degree, people want to know what I'm "going to do next". So far, I have not had a problem with the question because:

a.) I don't worry much
b.) I have (and always have had) a (very vague) "plan"
c.) Talking about it helps sort things further
d.) It also allows me to enjoy the sounds of my voice
e.) I love the sound of my voice
f.) I'm so much fun to listen to
g.) People don't always care so very few problems occur in the rare instance my monologue develops into an actually conversation/discussion
h.) If a problem occurs I can always still enjoy the sound of my voice
i.) I'm so much fun to listen to!

But I really do have a problem. But you already knew that. Only you never knew what the problem was. Good.

Bite me.

*And forgive me the arrogance of deciding to leave in the typo.


1 comment:

Pavi said...

haha... you're ridiculous. :)