Saturday, September 8, 2007

Political Posts

I generally find it amusing when bloggers choose to rant and rave about the country's political situation in their posts. I suppose this has something to do with the fact that I know nothing about politics. But it also seems like those who rant and rave about politics don't really know much about it either. I suppose this too, has something to do with the fact that I know nothing about politics. Anyway, I'm dedicating this post to something I know nothing about. Politics.

See, it's just a little past 8:00pm, and I've just been watching the news. The highlight today was a brawl at parliament. Yes, a BRAWL, at PALIAMENT. I'm not going to pretend I know what the whole thing was about, cus (just in case I didn't make myself clear enough) I know nothing about politics. But it was quite amusing, the whole thing.

These are people that "the people" voted in to represent them. So if (IF) I voted these people in, then I'm displaying myself as a fist-happy idiot. Right? Right. But no wait, politics is politics, and so maybe, just maybe these people don't really represent "the people" and they just put their money and muscle towards getting into parliament so they can acquire more money and muscle. In that case, our parliament consists of a group of business-minded morons right? Right. So okay, let's forget the 'moron' part and think of them as highly intellectual businessmen. Then/still they would be concerned with money and power.

Now 'Money and Power' makes me think of Coolio and also a certain group of little boys from a certain little gamey school down here in our little haven that call themselves the FreeWorld Wanksters. These guys put 'money and power' side by side with 'respect' and call the whole soup gangsterism. So now, I think we're dealing with gangsters. Or wanksters. Either way…

I'd say that the definition of gangsterism is loyalty – doing unto others as you would them do unto you and sticking together no matter what, for the sake of keeping the peace in the hood – but some others would say it is 'respect'. So since according to the previous scientifically proven fact our parliamentarians are gangsters, their main concern must be respect. But if respect is their main concern, I think it's alright to say that somebody somewhere needs to redefine "respect".

I watched that whole thing on the TV and laughed. I mean, damn! We used to conduct out interact meetings with more dignity despite the fact that 'happa' incidents like the President sleeping with the Secretary who is the Treasurers' girlfriend created immense amounts of friction between the members of the club (which makes me wonder… maybe these guys got 'issues' no?!). If the younger generation of the country laughing at you is the sense of respect these guys got, well then I guess it's understandable that people rant and rave about it even though they don't really know what they're ranting and raving about!

2 comments:

halwis said...

Oh ye of raw age! Political musings are not for the naïve or innocent hearted my dear. Those who brawl in Parliment are not idiots - as we are.

Ps. are you on Kottu?

Unknown said...

nope, I'm not.
plus shut up, I"m just being my usual trying-to-be-smart self!
;-)