Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sunday, August 26, 2007

So what I have a very important paper tomorrow? No better reason to waste the day on a mother-daughter shopping spree which pretty much achieved the purpose – not of emptying mums' purse but fixing the atmosphere between us. I actually told her about the funny phone call last night and managed to whine her into taking me to see an angel afflicted with diarrhoea. I think I'm going to be disappointed with my English grade. I really hope not, but I can't help thinking it's very possible. I am nowhere near finishing that short-story I'm supposed to have ready for tomorrow afternoon, although I've got a rough idea of the plot. I haven't seen a past-paper since about a month ago and I won't be surprised if I'm shocked at what I will have to confront tomorrow. I'm already disappointed with myself. I've not studied enough and I'm probably gonna fuck this up, the only paper that I really worked for and that I really wanna do well.

I'm going to allow myself to be diverted again, this time by my brother. He has acquired a funny sort-of twig. He picked it up somewhere in the jungle behind our house and fashioned it so now it looks like one of those old-fashioned pistols which curve at the handle-bit. Mother-dear is vehemently against violence and so he has had to stop himself from giving into the urge to point it in my face and tell me to "surrender and take those absurd earrings off!"etc… the new entertainment is beating time with this twig-pistol on any severely vibrating surface (example: the dining table) which creates the most unpleasant sensation in the ears. Perfect when one suffers from tinnitus. Well, anyway this noise is seriously annoying and it's ruining my mood, which has been better today than the last few days.

So yes, to continue with the details of my (comparatively) wasted day:

  • Wake up late
  • Argue and read the papers over tea
  • Refuse breakfast
  • Set off shopping (end up baby-sitting)
  • Get a hair-cut
  • Encounter a retard – this actually happened 'cus my mother (having brought up two lunatics) failed to recognize the guy for the psycho he is. We're standing near the car waiting for mum to turn the key in the lock (because the stupid remote gadget thingy suddenly kinda hurled its' internal organs in various directions) and he comes and stands real close – I mean REAL close – to Amma and goes "primrose ekata yanne kohomada?". Now he looks about my age but speaks like he's half a century older, which is phoney but my mum doesn't think it's a good enough reason to quickly get in the car and rush off, so she proceeds to give him directions to the place. The guy smiles, says "thank you" and turns around and walks in the wrong direction. Amma tends to gesticulate a lot when she speaks, and this is very much more true when she's giving directions so now it's OBVIOUS that this guy is off his rocker, but SHE, being even more so calls him back and says "puthey, anik peththatai yanna oney!" so the guy smiles again and says "thank you" again and walks ten steps in the correct direction and just stands there looking at the other side of the road <sigh!>. Yes, another random event, but 'random' is my thing, so there.
  • Get felt up a few times by homo-sexual police officers
  • Try on a million-and-one pair of earrings
  • Politely tell the ex-boyfriend that you don't wanna go out with him tonight because you have a paper tomorrow afternoon and you need an early night (and because he fucking fucked a goddamned bimbo that looks like something out of the Underworld in that Tim Burton cartoon!!!)
  • Get another hair-cut
  • Come home and try on the whole Tuesday do – jewellery, make-up included
  • Read The Chronicles of Narnia
  • Get random insults form your mother about the state of your freshly-shaped (after a century) eyebrows: "Oh my God! I just notice! You look like something out of a science-fiction movie child! WHAT did you do?!" "Here, let me fix that" "Aiyo! You look HORRIBLE!"
  • Blog
  • Enthusiastically (not) eat an excuse for bread-pudding which tastes of that acrid stuff they apply when doing the whole 're-bonding' thing

Today has been a relatively useless day (for the umpteenth time!) but I'm happy. I've been listening to a lot of Christmas music (it's WORK!!!) and I'm sure that helped. It's funny how the sound of bells or something kinda intoxicates you. Also crashing plastic cars one against the other and 'blowing them up' with a three-year-old who can't remember your name and calls you by your brothers' name (especially endearing when you're female and your brother is male) improves the generally low tolerance levels.

No wait, I just finished the cycle I think.

Oh and my mums' boyfriend called again.

=)

No comments: